Hello Didier,

Michael Fratoni wrote:

> If  /var/log/rpmpkgs exists and is current (Save it quickly before it gets
> rotated by log rotate), and you have available the rpm packages (On CD, in
> /var/spoll/up2date, etc.) I have a script that can help.
> http://www.tuxfan.homeip.net:8080/hacks/recover_rpm_db.sh

 If you are too late to rescue /var/log/rpmpkgs the only solution I see is
to install redhat-rpmdb and issue rpm -qf --dbpath /usr/lib/rpmdb/i386-
redhat-linux/redhat <file> for a lot of files.

 Sort that list and you should have a list of all the packages installed on
the system. Best is of course to run this command for *all* files on your
system (except user files of course), but you could start by running it
against all files in /bin, /etc, /lib, /sbin, /usr/X11R6, /usr/bin,
/usr/lib and /usr/sbin.

 Since this are quite a few files you could speed up things by adding logic
to mark files as done by issueing a rpm -ql on all found packages.

 But let's hope /var/log/rpmpkgs is still available ;-) .

Bye,
Leonard.

--
How clean is a war when you shoot around nukelar waste?
Stop the use of depleted uranium ammo!