On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 12:41:13 -0400
David Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sun, 2003-09-14 at 11:45, Sean Estabrooks wrote:
>
> > Hi David,
> >
> >     You can try the rsize and wsize mount options mentioned in the
> > man page for mount:  rsize=8192,wsize=8192
> > This increases the block size for read and write operations respectively.
> > It does increase the speed over what you get with the default values but
> > i've never seen NFS as fast as ftp no matter how you tune it.
> >

> Hi:
>
> I've done that on the clients along with mountvers=3.
>
> How about on the server end? I have a feeling that the RH config is NOT
> consistent with version 3. Any suggestions?

You can try adding the following lines to /etc/sysconfig/nfs:

# 256kb recommended minimum size based on SPECsfs NFS benchmarks
TUNE_QUEUE=yes
NFSD_QS=524288

Which will double the default receive buffer size which is the only
tunable i've fiddled with.

Make sure that you're actually getting mounted with version 3 after the mount.
Simply typing mount by itself will show you either a v2 or v3 beside the
nfs mount.

Also, you can try some transfers and use the nfsstat command
to check out some statistics which might give you another clue.

Cheers,
Sean