Chris W. Parker wrote:
Samuel Flory <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    on Saturday, September 13, 2003 11:47 AM said:

 You need to create a partition that will be a part of the raid array
on each disk.  So the followiing is what I do:

Yes, I finally figured this out. So far the computer is working
excellently. It's much faster than our email gateway (my first linux
box). :)

Thanks for your help, Chris.

p.s. I still have plenty of time to reinstall and repartition if
necessary. I'd appreciate it if you would comment on the way I've setup
the partitions. Here is the output of df -ah:

/dev/md1              4.0G  136M  3.7G   4% /
none                     0     0     0   -  /proc
usbdevfs                 0     0     0   -  /proc/bus/usb
/dev/md0               99M  9.2M   85M  10% /boot
none                     0     0     0   -  /dev/pts
/dev/md4               21G   33M   20G   1% /home
none                  188M     0  188M   0% /dev/shm
/dev/md2              7.9G  746M  6.8G  10% /usr

This doesn't look good for the type of use you are planning. This is a web server and logging

1) Is /usr going to grow that much? You've got less a 1G of used space now.

2) You have only 4G in / which also contains /var. /var is where Red Hat keeps logs, web pages, and the like.

3)You have 21G in /home. What is going to use that space?

My advice for what it's worth.

/boot   ~100M
/       ~4G
swap    ~2 x ram
/var    everything else

Now once you've finished installing link /home, /opt, and /usr/local to /var. These are the only places that are likely to grow in size over time. / and /usr will grow if you upgrade, but you still have 3G of space to grow into.

mv /home /var/home
mkdir /var/opt
mkdir /var/usr
mv /usr/local /var/usr
cd /
ln -sfi var/home home
ln -sfi var/opt opt
cd /usr
ln -sfi ../var/usr/local local

-- Once you have their hardware. Never give it back. (The First Rule of Hardware Acquisition) Sam Flory <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>