On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 11:18:30AM -0400, Michael Gargiullo wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 11:10, Ed Wilts wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 11:32:00AM -0300, Deleo Paulo Ribeiro Junior wrote:
> > > /home/user
> > >
> > > I would like he could not do "cd.." and go up to home.
> >
> Sounds like your using wu-ftp.  Switch to vsftp, it locks users into
> their home directory.

That's overkill and simply bad advice.  Current defaults in the wu-ftpd
ftpaccess file do the restriction automatically.  On older versions,
it's not hard to chroot the user.  Why switch servers when a simple
config file change will resolve the issue?

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]