From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Marcos S. Trazzini
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2003 8:33 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Fetchmail don't keep messages !!!

On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 21:02, Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:
> On Monday 15 September 2003 19:02, Marcos S. Trazzini wrote this in an
> attempt to be witty or informative:
> > I'm Using fetchmail to synch some accounts with remote POP3 servers.
> >
> > But if I set then to "keep" the messages on server, fetchmail
> > download the already downloaded messages on the next run !!!
> >
> > This result in a lot of repeated messages in my mailbox.... =(
> >
> > This problem occurs to me with any versio of fetchmail, in any other

> > POP3 server and in any other Linux Distro tha I've tested...
> >
> > --
> > Marcos S. Trazzini <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Servmicro Informática LTDA
>
> It's not a bug. The same occurs when you use a mail client (like
> Kmail,
> Mozilla Mail, Evolution).

Negative !!!

If I configure the "same" account in Evolution (in example), only the
"new" messages are downloaded, and "only" one time..... but the
fetchmail download the same messages that are in the remote POP3 server
every time it runs...

"Any" Other email clients that I've tested (Outlook Express,
Mozilla-Mail, Eudora, etc..) works fine...

And "THIS IS REALLY A BUG OR A MISSCONFIGURATION ON FETCHMAIL"