Doug Finch wrote:

List,
I am using a MS exchange 5.5 server for internal mail in our office as
well as calendaring, contact lists, etc.  I would like to find an open
source alternative after having some problems with Exchange this past
week.  Is there anything out there, other than the SuSE open exchange
that I could test?  If I do this it needs to be something that I can use
with Outlook and the users not be able to tell it isn't Windows.  It
shouldn't matter to them but they freak out when they hear that
something is different.  Any info would be appreciated.
thanks,
DF

Samsung Contact

http://www.samsungcontact.com/en/

I can't speak for Contact from experience, but it's touted as a near-drop in Exchange replacement. Has a demo too I think.

HTH,
Tim

PS. I think Samsung may owe me some money. :) I always seem to be
suggesting Contact when this question pops up; even though I haven't
tried it or can speak for it. I do know that I will be suggesting
Contact or OpenExchange soon though. Two coworkers priced out an in
house Exchange setup and it hit the roof. I don't believe the powers
that be are going to pay the number. OpenExchange or Contact on a
cluster of Linux servers running on the mainframe is going to get some
serious play in the chambers of this city hall.

PPS. All of the other options mentioned are alternatives but none are
drop in replacements, or as nearly so as Contact claims to be. I have
read some reviews that are good. And what again was wrong with
OpenExchange? I have read some very good reviews of this product. It
also seems to be more widely known.