> You do not have to remove it.  Just select gnome or kde at login.  Once
> selected, it seems to default to the last selected.
>
> Rick

That's wrong I think.
Ximian Gnome update previous packages, so if you choose Gnome you'll get
Ximian Gnome.
But the problem is a bit different. If you want to use apt4rpm you have
to uninstall ximian desktop to resolve the dependencies.
I hope you understand my terrible English.
Anyway ... I reinstalled RedHat and I feel better now.
Thanks