> What I would like to be able to do is use the anonymous outgoing read and
> incoming write (with reads blocked) approach for non-local users. Hence, I
> would really like to have a "vsftpd.allowed_emails" file that specifies
> accepted passwords. Then I could give out the current password to a large
> block of folks (such as a college class) without having to set up a ton of
> user accounts. Those folks would know the correct password, could download
> from the public outgoing directory, could write to the public incoming
> directory (without being able to see what others have previously
uploaded). I
> could easily change the password as needed. Those not knowing the password
> would be rejected thereby removing the need for a vsftpd.banned_emails
file.

Why not just set up a real user, and deny anonymous access (which is what I
do). Setup a user per person, so you can trace abuse, or if you're brave,
allow them to share one account. Have it "chroot" to where the shared
resources are, and you should be pretty safe.

> I spent a lot of time searching for a solution, but have not found
anything.

> Would anyone please have an idea which would provide such a capability?

Well, I wouldn't use anonymous access, if you only want certain people to
use it - it sounds contradictive to me.

Regards
  Peter Larsen