Let me see the smb.conf.

-----Original Message-----
From: Buck [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2003 6:44 AM
To: RH List
Subject: W2KP to RH9: Samba User Group Folder Access

I am unable to access anything other than my home folder from my XP
computer.

Linux is setup as follows:

User: buck  Member of buck and processors
Groups: buck, processors
Folders: /home/buck, /home/processing, /home/shared
Properties: (/home/processing)

>From the Linux computer, I can access, read, write and delete to the
buck or processing folder but not shared. From my XP computer (username
buck and password the same as the Linux user) I have access to buck and
shared, but not processing.

My Network Places shows "buck on Samba Server (Linux)" and "shared on
Samba Server (Linux)".

My install was based on duxcw.com
(http://duxcw.com/digest/Howto/software/linux/rh/90install/1.html) I
changed WORKGROUP to Wildlife wherever I found it (My home network
workgroup).

I guess this would be easier to figure out if both computers were wrong
in the same way, but this is definitely strange to me.

Buck