Hello All,

I recently compiled the latest release of Apache on Quad processor
x86 system running RedHat 2.1 ES:

I am runing Linux 2.4.9 SMP kernel

-----------
servername:/home/alis>uname -a
Linux servername 2.4.9-e.3smp #1 SMP Fri May 3 16:48:54 EDT 2002 i686
unknown
-----------

Seems like when the HTTP/HTTPsrequests come in, only 1 CPU is being
utilized to 60-70% and rest of the CPUs are at 0%.

I have another Java based application running on the server, and the load
is correctly distributed for that application.

I also have few other instances of Apache running on multi-processor Sun
system. On those systems, the CPU utilization is fairly distributed.

Any reason why this might be happening on the x86? Could it be a issue
with the gcc that came with 2.1? Or is my compilation of Apache @ Fault?

Thanks.

Saqib Ali
---------