On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 10:09, Mike Vanecek wrote:
> [snip]
>
> What options are left to the SOHO server user if not Fedora or SUSE? I've
> never used anything except RH, but would like to start thinking about a fall
> back plan in case Fedora is too bleeding edge for my needs.

Thank you Mike.  That is exactly my point.  There has to be that small
deployment option.

If Fedora is bleeding edge and RH Enterprise Workstation (which is not
even supposed to be for small to medium server use) is $179 to $299
dollars then what the heck are people going to do?

Suse is a pain because almost all vendor support is very Redhat
focused.  Suse support is a second thought.  On top of that, they take a
very Windows-like approach to configuration settings and do a lot of
voodo behind the scenes that can muck with custom options.

I am not trying to put nails in some non-existent RH coffin or spread
FUD.  Oh no, I just think that RH has to think about that small to
medium size business market and offer a decent option.

--
Johnathan Bailes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>