Just to complete the message

i install openssh-3.7p1 and in the end of make install echo this:
/usr/sbin/sshd -t -f /etc/ssh/sshd_config
Privilege separation user sshd does not exist
make: [check-config] Error 255 (ignored)

i generate a ssh key version 2 and in /var/log/messages echo this warning:
WARNING: /etc/ssh/primes does not exist, using old prime

The user sshd i had removed and created but still don't work.

could someone help me?

Hi list,

I have just install and configure ssh3.5. I had generated 2 keys: the first
one is version 1 and the other version 2.

The user with version 1 do login into machine ok.

The user with key version 2 have permission denied. Does anyone know a
configuration to set or how does it doesn't work?
debug1: next auth method to try is publickey
debug1: try pubkey: identity_pc08spt_rphp
debug1: no more auth methods to try
Permission denied (publickey)

thanks,

Diego Brito Veiga