> The
> > recent update to perl-suidperl-5.8.0-88.3 broke
> > > spam assasin on my RH8
> > > mail server.  All mail that would normally be
> > > scanned by spam assassin was
> > > being rejected until I reverted to
> > > perl-suidperl-5.8.0-55.i386.rpm.  Has
> > > anyone else experienced a similar problem?
> >
> > I run Openwebmail 2.10 and after installing these
> perl
> > updates they broke Openwebmail. Openwebmail comes
> back
> > with things like:
> >
> > Internal server error
> >
> > for tasks such as sending email and changing
> > prferences.
> >
> > After reverting back to the older perl RPM's, the
> > problem went away.
> >
> > I'm intending to report this to the Openwebmail
> list
> > today to see if a remedy can be found.
>
> I run both on RH 9 and have not had any problems.
> Not much help, I guess other
> than to let you know it does work on some systems.

I might start to consider an upgrade to 9 if this
poses to be a real major problem. It's hard to do when
you have about 5 servers all running the same OS,
easier to manage.

I've discussed this with the Openwebmail forums and
everyone so far running the latest perl RPM's and
Openwebmail 2.10 and above experiences these issues.
I'm still going through this with people suggesting
things in there, but basically the above error I
identified is more of perl bombing out from some of
the perl scripts in OWM.

If anyone wants to follow this discussion, they are
welcome to checkout the OWM forum on sourceforge.

Michael.

http://search.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Search