On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 10:14:16AM -0500, Rigler, Steve wrote:
> Is DLT8000 at end of life now?  Based on the age of the technology and
> that the capacity (native specs) doesn't necessarily provide the 50GB
> requirement I'd suggest SDLT of the two.

DLT8000 drives will back up 40GB native and up 80GB compressed.  If the
intended 50GB of data will fit on a DLT8000 tape, it's a much lower cost
alternative than SDLT.

SDLT certainly holds more, is faster, and is preferred, but might be
overkill and unaffordable.

> LTO is a good choice also.  We're running IBM Ultrium I and II here.

I've heard good things about LTO too.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]