On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 12:16, Joan Carles Jimenez wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm currently running RHL 9 on one hard disk (master). My boot loader is Grub. Now,
> I installed Windows XP (NTFS) in other hard disk (slave). The Grub detects the two
> operating systems but, when I select Windows XP, this does not boot. What's the
> problem? Thanks.
>
> Joan Carles Jiménez

If XP was installed to the "C:\" drive, then you may have to map the
drives.

          map (hd0) (hd1)
          map (hd1) (hd0)
This is done in grub.conf. Be sure also that chainloader +1 is on that
line.
I had to do this for a Win2k partition that used to be the master. I put
it in as the second drive and did the map commands in grub and it boots
just as if it was the primary.

And as always, to learn more on grub, info grub. The info program will
bring up the whole manual on grub.
Ed Croft, RHCE