On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 08:44:59 -0400
Ken Morley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm using RH7.3.
>
> There are multiple paths off our network.  Besides the default gateway,
> which points to the internet, we also have a router that connects the
> company WAN to branch offices.
>
> I can use the route statement to setup a static route as follows:
> route add -net 10.184.0.0 netmask 255.255.0.0 gw 10.0.0.254 metric 1
>
> However, this route doesn't stick when I reboot the system.
>
> How do I make this route persistent so it will always be there (even
> after a
> reboot)?

Hi Ken,

You setup the static routes you want in /etc/sysconfig/static-routes
one route per line.  For those routes not associated with a transient
interface you prefix the route with "any" so that it is brought up at boot
time.  All the options of the "route" command are available, but omit the
leading hyphen in front of "-net" or "-host".

an example /etc/sysconfig/static-routes :

any net 10.10.10.0 netmask 255.0.0.0 gw 192.168.1.1

Hope this helps,
Sean