I frequently set up simple mail servers for my customers, and testing their mail, anti-virus, and anti-spam sometimes is a headache.

What is was wondering if it would be possible, was to set up OUR mail server with a few dummy users that would do the following:

mailtest: Simply returns a mail like 'Your server is sending and receiving properly'.
mailspam: Returns a mail to the originator containing a spam sample file
mailvirus: Returns a mail which LOOKS like a virus (No, ofcourse it's not acceptable to send an actual virus, just something that would trigger a virus alert).

Has anyone done this before? Sounds like a procmail recipe to me, which, given time I could probably figure out, but I don't want to re-invent the wheel.

That way to test their server, all I would need to do when testing at a customer on-site is mail mail<whatever>@mydomain.com, and wait for the replies?

Regards,
Ed.