Am Donnerstag, 2. Oktober 2003 16:15 schrieb Michael Schwendt:

[...snip...]
> > Why would you do that? running "chkconfig" and "setup" is much preferred
> > that dont require you to change around files in rc3.d. And it will take
> > care of it even if you running level 5. I think it's more foolproof also.

I was wondering... when you compile MySQL yourself, they provide a startup
script which is supported by chkconfig. But building apache2 results in not
having a proper chkconfig capable service on your box. And there are a
billion reasons why I need to compile apache rather than using an rpm.

How or where can I get a chkconfig compatible apache startup script?

best regards
Klaus