On Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 08:39:44PM -0600, KC wrote:
> Can i partition a drive multiple times? Like partitioning a FAT32
> 120gb
> drive, into 3 32gb partitions, is that a possible workaround? Or can linux
> only read one  FAT32 parition. And do I need to install an RPM for FAT32
> support?

Sure. Each Fat32 parition can be at most 32G but you can have multiple
partitions on your mobile harddrive. For example,

If you use parted: (You can actually format the drive under windows if
you prefer).
> parted /dev/sda    (sda is your mobile harddrive. use sfdisk  -l to check.)
> mkpart primary fat32 0 100
.. more mkpart fat32 ...

then insert entries in /etc/fstab like

/dev/sda1              /mnt/share1     vfat    user,noauto,utf8     0 0
/dev/sda2              /mnt/share2     vfat    user,noauto,utf8     0 0

and mount the drive as
> mount /dev/sda1

etc

--