From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Reuben D. Budiardja
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 9:23 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: General Linux ListServ

On Tuesday 07 October 2003 08:55 am, Benjamin J. Weiss wrote:
> > My questions concern generic aspects such as backup procedures, hard

> > drive partitions, and other things that aren't related to a
> > particular version.  I have tried asking before and told to go to
> > other lists.
>
> <snip>
>
> > I am a member of several lists and one of them got upset that I
> > asked about backups once.
>
> I like O'Reilly's "Unix Backup & Recovery" ...
>
> http://www.bookpool.com/.x/ezz9dsqmmn/sm/1565926420

I second that.
Also please look at the archives. There are a *lot* of discussion about
all
kind of backups here not so long ago. As a rule of thumb, something that

looks fairly general (eg. backup) must have been discussed before and
the
archive is a good starting point to look. If then you have a more
specific
question for that topic, and/or specific topic that's not in the
archive,
then ask here.

In case you don't know, this site has archive of many lists, including
this
list (redhat-list):
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/

--