Rodolfo J. Paiz <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 10:51 AM said:

> It comes down to the fact that Red Hat has to make the installation
> easy for millions of users and they do their best to make a
> generally-pleasing approximation of "minimal." Then they leave each
> user the option to check or uncheck individual packages, for such
> peopel as you and me who want more control.

Wouldn't it be just as easy for them to create yet another option called
"bare minimum" or "bare bones" or something like that which includes
only the packages required to have a bootable system? From there the
user could add whatever packages they wanted.

I don't know if that's as easy as it sounds but I thought I'd ask.

Chris.