On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 12:30:07PM +0800, Edward Dekkers wrote:
> Because I'm not sure whether you are after simple or advanced video
> editing,

I am after simple solution to a simple (?) problem. I am trying to avoid
major video (mpeg1 and mpeg2 in vcd/dvd specification) recoding which,
as MH point out, would compromise video quality.

I 'thought' this can be done easily since adding subtitle is very common.
Maybe I can prepare some subtitle file, then add(?) them to my mpeg
files.

> http://linuxshop.ru/linuxbegin/win-lin-soft-en/#43

This is a great page. But all solutions are 'big' ones.

Maybe I can add some static frames before a mpeg file. Say, I gimp a
jpeg file, duplicate 30 copies (necessary?), mencoder them into a 1
second mpeg file and then join it with the mpeg file (tool? I only know
avimerge.).

--
Bo Peng