Steve Buehler wrote
> Jason
>          Thank You.  That was the problem.  Now I have another problem, but
> I can't fix it from here.  I do have the SMP kernel on the system and
> changed the lilo.conf file.  Then did a 'lilo -v -v' and it didn't show any
> errors, so I rebooted.  Now it won't come back up.  Thank goodness I didn't
> do this on our server full of sites first.  My servers are co-located, so I
> have asked them to look at it from the co-location center and if necessary,
> put it back to the previous 2.4.18-27.7 kernel.   I was hoping to put on
> the newest 2.4.20-20.7 kernel.  Will see what happens.  Thanks for the help.

If you're using lilo, and you're remote, but you have someone that can reboot
the box for you (or remote PM) if you need it, you can use lilo -R <newname>.

That way, if the new kernel doesn't work, all you have to do is powercycle it
and it will come back up with the old kernel.

It's saved me a trip to work in the middle of the night on several occasions ;)

-justinb

--
Justin Banks
Constant Data, Inc.