On Sun, 2003-10-19 at 23:11, Hugh Taylor wrote:

> Sorry, I wasn't sure what make/model you were referring to, and at the
> time, I only knew what I sent you. I believe the wireless card is an
> Askey Prism 2.5 mini-pci card. I have a message into the notebook mfg to
> make sure of this. I have seen posts on the mfgs site that state other
> versions of Linux (Mandrake, Gentoo) have detected the card on install.
> I'll let you know if I get more specific information.

What driver did Knoppix choose for your card (just curious).
Regardless, you're going to want to use the linux-wlan project drivers,
they have much better support for the prism chipsets than any of the
"generic" drivers (including HostAP support).  I suggest you download
and install the appropriate driver RPMs from this guy:

http://prism2.unixguru.raleigh.nc.us/

You'll want to install the kernel-wlan-ng base package, the appropriate
kernel-wlan-ng-modules package (to match your kernel), and the proper
interface package to support your hardware (pcmcia, usb or pci).

--
Jason Dixon, RHCE
DixonGroup Consulting