On Sat, 2003-09-27 at 03:09, Buck wrote:
> Try disabling the iptables temporarily.  I had that problem on Knology.
> Once disabled, it worked.  I will figure out why later when I have
> something worth protecting.  I am afraid if someone wants to steal Linux
> they would be better to download the ISOs.

when you say temporarily, keep it down to seconds at most, if at all.
wake up to the 21st century.  unfriendly autobots are running that
notice your traffic, and immediately test your system for
vulnerabilities.

and guess where those autobots are staged?  on systems just like yours,
that were left unprotected by unaware owners.  if the hacker is
sophisticated enough, the owners remain unaware long after their
machines are subverted.