From: Graham [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2003 10:15 PM
To: Red Hat Mailing List; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Getting Workgroup access from Windows XP Pro to Linux 9

I have been able to get one computer of three workgrouped computers (with
Windows XP pro) to have file and printer access to my Linux box but the
other two XP computers give me the "\\Localhost is not accessible..."
message from the XP Network places section when I try to access the Linux
box (I just double click it from the XP side).  It doesn't even give me the
option to log in to the Linux computer like it did with the one XP machine
that does have access.

I read somewhere that I need to make sure that the SAMBA users names and
password have to match for each computer that needs to access the Linux box.
Is this true? (I tried it and it doesn't seem to help.)
Are there some SAMBA configuration items I need to change in order for more
than one computer to access the Linux box in the workgroup?

And can anyone shed some light why my other XP machines on the same
Workgroup can't access the Linux box even though it can see it on the XP
Network places section?

Thanks in advanced,

Graham