Can you include some info on exactly what commands you are using, and
some info on the respective configurations of each machine?

On Wednesday, October 22, 2003, at 03:24 PM, Jason Dixon wrote:
My apologies if this is out there somewhere, but I've googled this to
death without finding a satisfactory answer. I'm attempting to tar copy
a large repository (actually, the RHAS3.0 iso images) from a Linux NFS
server to a Solaris NFS client. At various intervals, the transfer
invariably dies with a "file not found" error. The cause of this error
can be explained by the sudden disappearance of directories in the
top-level of the exported share.

Remounting the share causes the directories (and everything recursive
therein) to reappear, but the problem reoccurs the next time I try the
transfer.  I've tried a number of different flags, up to and including
all of the following:

vers=2,proto=udp,ro,noac
        :
        :