Jimbo,

                        I had the same problem you had and it turned out to be a
3com509
conflict. Like I belive I was trying to use address x300 on the card and as
soon as I tried x340 on the card it worked. Linux found the card and
everything looked ok but there was a hardware conflict with the 3com509
card. I downloaded 3c5x9.exe from 3com.com web site and reconfigured the
cards on a dos machine and then bingo it worked like a charm. You might
need to try a few different variations of your hardware settings on the
3com card but I bet money thats your problem. My lights on the hub even
glowed a nice green color :-)

Steve Curry
Unibuilt Technology, Inc.