On Tue, 28 Apr 1998, Donnie McInis wrote:

> can i install rh5 on one computer say a P200 and move the drives to
> another computer say a 486dx2-66. I know i will have to redue some

The short answer is yes.  Linux has no "magic hidden configurations" like
Windows that will prevent your system from booting if it is directly
copied.

However, you should probably BOOT off a floppy the first time after
swapping your drives, so that LILO will not have to boot the system.  LILO
is a little squirrelly when the drive geometry mysteriously changes, so
you should re-run lilo on the new system after booting off floppy.