OK, I'm having some problems reconfiguring here for net access.  The
machine runs a fairly stock RH 4.1.  Upgrading to 5.0 is not a solution at
this time.  pppd is in place and working.  Kernel is 2.0.33 compiled for
network & ppp/slip support among other things.I have run netcfg.

My problem is, I call my home machine 'freddie.jamstar.com'.  My ISP's
mail program doesn't liek this, but I had this machine's hostname set to
freddie.jamstar.com before the Big Crash & subsequent clean install.
(Hey, it gave me the excuse to adjust my partitions!!)

Pine sends (obliviously, I'm using it right now!). Xfmail and exmh (1.6.9)
don't send out.  I get a 'services refused' message back from my ISP and
exmh screams about not having a secure channel to deal with.  I can send
any message anywhere with pine.  Non-localhost messages get blown back in
my face by the ISP.

Now, I seem to remember setting something somewhere for my mailserver and
newsserver, but I can't remember which file it was, and where.  And I
*also* forget what hacks to exmh/mh config files needed to be done to fix
the outbound nonlocal mail problem.  I need some clues here.  I'm down to
my last 4 strands of hair & last frayed nerve.

There was a line in a file *SOMEWHERE* that needed to be set for my mail
server as:

mail mail.glasscity.net  # My ISP

Where is this file & what's the right syntax?

Also, what command do I need to run to update my sendmail aliases?

Keven

          http://www.glasscity.net/users/jamstar/index.html