On Tue, 28 Apr 1998, Joe Tseng wrote:
>I was told by someone I could use Ghostscript to filter output to my
>Epson Color Stylus 400.  I tried doing that just now by using:
>
>gs -dSAFER -sDEVICE=epsonc -sOutputFile=/dev/lp1 -
>
>as the print statement for Netscape.

Looks OK to me. Try it standalone, with a postscript file as the
standard input, and see if you get corresponding junk, or if running
standalone crops up any errors that don't show up when the command is
run by netscape.

Typically though, your best bet is to have a statement like that as part
of your print filter, (or better yet, use printtool to set it up for
you), and then print to 'lpr' (the line spooler) from netscape or other
applications.

>Well I got just alot of junk.  Am I in the ballpark as far as the
>command is concerned?  If so, which device should I be using?  If not,

What sort of junk is it -- is it just unreadable graphics, or is it like
a few blobs on a page then a page eject (wasting a lot of paper) or do
you see Postscript source as your output?