On Wed, Apr 29, 1998 at 11:24:56AM -0400, Jil Tardiff wrote:
> I know that questions like these are highly subjective, but knowledgeable
> opinions are *always* helpful!
>

> I'm a new Linux user (RH 5.0) and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I will be
> installing a new computer as part of my starting up a new lab and my
> current plan is to run NT/Linux.  My goal is to stay in Linux as much as
> possible, using NT only for the Adobe products I need for work. The people
> in my lab will probably use some flavor of Windows on their machines
> although I certainly won't discourage Linux use! Since it will be a mixed
> environment I will need **good** file-sharing capabilities (basically only
> for Wordprocessing).
>
> There is a good academic price for WordPerfect 7.0 for Linux and
> file-sharing with the Win versions is rumored to be good. I will check out
> the demo, but I would appreciate some feedback from "real-world" users of
> *any* of the Linux WPs...I haven't made my decison by any means, so input
> would be great.

I have been using Applixware for about a year now and like it quite well.
It can import/export MS Word and WordPerfect files and others including RTF.
It does everything I needs to do - none of which is very fancy.

I just downloaded WP for Linux but have not had the time to try it.

paul

--
          / C h i p p e w a     \\ // alley  Technical  College /