>From what you describe... you have to masq.  The main issue is that your

good luck,

traff

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Jinks [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 1998 9:05 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: other option than IP Masquerade?

Alfonso Barreto Lopez wrote:

> I want to make some Linux boxes to access internet via other Linux Box
> that has PPP, is this the only option?

Well, maybe.

If your ISP won't provide a static IP address for your ppp connection,
then I think you'll probably have to masquerade.  You also won't be able
to offer incoming services easily.  Incoming services get easier with a
static IP address, but that still doesn't take care of the other
machines (besides the one with the ppp link).

But if your ISP will provide you with a static IP address for each of
your machines, then you're set: just connect with the one machine
through ppp, and have it set up as a router.

Hope this helps. . .