I'm having trouble getting SMB printing to work.  I'm running Linux on
my computer, which is on a network dominated by Win95/NT machines.  I am
trying to print to a HP DeskJet 890C, which is connected to a machine
running Win95.  I used printtool to set up the printer as:

SMB - HP DeskJet 550C/560C/6xxC series on \\jedi master\PKT HP 890C

The filter comments say that the filter will probably work with this
printer -- can anyone tell me whether this is conclusively a filter
problem?  The way things are configured now, anything I lpr goes into the
void; there is no sign of anything ever having happened.

Thanks for any help you can give...