If it's under heavy use and not answering properly, you should increase
the default settings for self imposed safety limits. Most ISPs have to do
this for POP3. In the inetd.conf change nowait to nowait.240 for the
particular service which is troubleing. I think 40 is the default, so 240
will make it six times more available then default.

-Jason

--
/*
Jason Philbrook         |         Midcoast Internet Solutions