"Mark Wiacek" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I have several virtual hosts on my server and when they send email
> their return address always appears as my domain name instead of their own
> domain.  I've tried adding several different MX and A records to their
> hosts. files but have had no luck.  Can anybody help??

For outgoing mail, MX records won't have any effect on your "From:" headers.
The solution is to have the MUA (or other program generating the mail)
insert the desired "From:" header into the message before handing it to
the MTA (typically sendmail).

However, sendmail might be configured to replace or reject "From:" headers
it doesn't like.  I don't know how Red Hat configures sendmail, since I
use Qmail instead.

With Qmail, you can set some environment variables to control the default
"From:" header for a process.

Cheers,
Eric