hi everyone ,
i need a bit of help getting started ,
I am running redhat on 2 macines at home ( 5.0)
and i got a laptop and am trying to install it on there as well .

Hmmmm... Problem starts at the very beginning the boot disk is locking up
after loading the kernel on detecting pci devices ...

i disabled the wavetable in the bios , tried both reg and expert mode also
tried disabling lba mode in bios
it keeps locking up at the same place ...
i also tried freebsd for a change it locks up also probable at the same
place cause its right after loading the kernel ( just so to tell you that i
dont think its a redhat prob but my laptops ( or parameteres i am missing)

here is what i see on the screen before it locks up :

uncompressing linux done
now booting kernel
console : 16 point 400scans
colour : vga 80x25 1 virtual console
pcibios_init: bios32 service directory structure at 0x000ec050
pcibios_init: bios32 service directory entry at 0xee610
pcibios_init: pci bios revision 2.10 entry at 0xee64e
Probing PCI hardware

and it stops right there ... wont fart any further no matter what

Now anyone any idea what to do ..any parameter ?
anything ? piece of hardware that may be the problem ?

here is my config :

sis510x bios
teac cd38e ( 8x )
trident cyber 9385
32 mb edo
pnp bios 1.0a
sis chipset and bios
p150
1.44 toshiba HD
256k cache
acerlabs mpeg decoder
ess sound
touchpad

PS i thought the expert mode disables probing ?!?

 Andrej Todosic
 Junior Analyst
 Network Operations
 Mpact Immedia

    "Out the 10Base-2, through the router, over the leased line,
 off the bridge, past the firewall...nothing but net" -Gary Predmore