> On Tue, 5 May 1998, Keven R. Pittsinger wrote:
>
> > The subject says it all.  How do I do this mighty thing?
> >
> - Xfree :
>        Install Rh with Xfree. If you already have Rh installed
> without Xfree you can try to install again and instead of install chose to
> upgrade and select Xfree this time (all your data will remain). You can
> also install Xfree via rpm (get the necessasy *.rpm)

Already done.  RH 4.1 installs XFree by *default*

>  - 16 bit colors :
>       Run Xconfigurator (to set the 16 Bit colors)

Not sure what you mean by this.  If I don't set an 8-bit screen, XFree86 won't
come up.

>  - Xdm:
>       Edit /etc/inittab and uncoment the line :
>       # Run xdm in runlevel 5

You mean:
# Default runlevel. The runlevels used by RHS are:
#   0 - halt (Do NOT set initdefault to this)
#   1 - Single user mode
#   2 - Multiuser, without NFS (The same as 3, if you do not have networking)
#   3 - Full multiuser mode
#   4 - unused
#   5 - X11
#   6 - reboot (Do NOT set initdefault to this)
#
id:5:initdefault:

Already done.  (sigh)

Keven