I had some problems with the hurricane contrib Samba
1.19.18p4 rpm.   As there is no "creator" listed,
I am posting here.

A)  Upon install, it did NOT make the /etc/codepages and
       /etc/codepages/src directories; had to make by hand.

B)  Browsing from NT did not work and I was getting
      an error until I made /var/log/samba/lock and
      /var/log/samba/lock/samba directories.  Restarting
      Samba resulted in my NT 4.0 SP3 seeing the server
      (of course after setting up the /etc/smbpasswd file,
       turning on encrypted passwords, etc.).

BTW, I hope this package (fixed) makes it into RH 5.1!

Cheers,

--
W. Wade, Hampton

Use Linux -- stability, performance, compatibility, flexibility,
scalability, and FREE!  Support Sun and the U.S. Government!