Date: 6  May 98 09:20 CDT
From: TR Reid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Linux on Dell PCs

Mr. Grisinger-Thank you for your note.  To clarify, the Inter@ctive Week
reporter (whose story was apparently posted to MSNBC) was told that I was unable
in a brief period prior to his deadline to find examples of requests for Linux.
He was told that there probably were some requests, and that there may be
customers who have asked Dell to preload Linux through a premium
factory-integration program we offer for large-volume orders.  Further, I said
that we can and do factory-load alternative OSs when the associated value
outweighs the cost to our customers, and I offered OS/2 as an example I was
aware of.  We appreciate your interest in Dell.  Best regards.-T.R. Reid, Dell
Computer Corporation