Thanks to everyone who answered my question, particularly Oleg.

Hmm...that sounds logical.  The CRC errors won't be from the CD or the floppies but
something in the machine's hardware and something's that memory-related. I'm leaning
more towards cache being the problem...although, I have a question: if memory speed is
not properly defined in BIOS, will this situation give me the same error condition?

Cheers,
--
Frederic Woodbridge
Network Administrator, Anexis Inc.