Just want to thank you guys for your suggestions.

Sheer persistence and figured it out.  If any of you get the LIL-   then freeze, be
sure to clear your MBR.  I had a prior install of DOS in a hda2 or hd3 partition with
boot. I never really removed it properly and even though I re-installed and
re-formatted with Linux, it does not touch the MBR tracks.  So I manually removed all
partitions, reinstalled boot tracks on MBR then installed a second time onto hda1 and
it worked fine...  I am now rebooted using first track on hda1.  This was very weird,
but I am making progress, an inch at a time... or should I say, I'm learning...

Mike

Michael Hatzakis Jr, MD
Resident Physiatrist - R3
Department of Rehabilitation
Thomas Jefferson University Medical Center
Philadelphia, PA, 19026

My E-Mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]