Peter J Spalding wrote:

> Where do I find a program that will do a Low Level Format?
> Peter J Spalding

I do not know of a low level format utility expressly made for PB.  But
having done this on old PB machines I might suggest you simply do a
fdisk /mbr before install.  A lot of the old PB machines used OnTrack or
some such disk manager to partition the disks.  This is incompatible
with Linux.  After doing the fdisk /mbr then boot off a dos disk and
create and format the whole disk as a dos partition.  You can delete
that partition in the fdisk utility when you go to install Linux.  Don't
know if this will work, but I have done it on PB's in the past with
success.

Paul Anderson