Hi Dave,

I don't know if this help, but when installing
the rtcat mail client i've got a warning about
tcl/tk 8.0 is broken and to update to version
8.0p2, that i've found in the contrib dir
of ftp.redhat.com.
but, prior to the update (every update),
my netcfg was working pretty well...
maybe it's python related.

see you
ciao fede

Dave Wreski wrote:

> I just installed 5.0 on another PC, and while using netcfg with the stock
> RH 5.0 libs (with all updates) I'm receiving the errors below.  Here are
> some of the relevant packages I'm using, just in case:
>
> tk-8.0-12
> tcl-8.0-12
> tclx-8.0.0.0-12
> netcfg-2.19-3
> XFree86-libs-3.3.2-3
> AfterStep-1.4.5.2-1
>
> Is there a netcfg update I missed?  Perhaps one of the others need to be
> updated?
>
> This particular error occurs when adding a new PPP user, after entering
> the information, and clicking OK.
>
>  Exception in Tkinter callback
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "/usr/lib/python1.4/tkinter/Tkinter.py", line 551, in __call__
>     return apply(self.func, args)
>   File "/usr/lib/rhs/netcfg/netcfg.py", line 1536, in editEntry
>     return self.editInterface(self.IFBox.getItems(index)[0], index)
>   File "/usr/lib/rhs/netcfg/netcfg.py", line 1484, in editInterface
>     self.editPPP(interface, index)
>   File "/usr/lib/rhs/netcfg/netcfg.py", line 982, in editPPP
>     LinespeedMenu(F, self.linespeed, '20').pack(
>   File "/usr/lib/rhs/netcfg/netcfg.py", line 146, in LinespeedMenu
>     return LabelledMenu(master, 'Line speed:', variable, width, speedlist)
>   File "/usr/lib/rhs/python/rhentry.py", line 102, in __init__
>     self.MB = Menubutton(self.MF, {'anchor':'e', 'bitmap':dropdown,
>   File "/usr/lib/python1.4/tkinter/Tkinter.py", line 1350, in __init__
>     Widget.__init__(self, master, 'menubutton', cnf, kw)
>   File "/usr/lib/python1.4/tkinter/Tkinter.py", line 888, in __init__
>     apply(self.tk.call,
> TclError: error reading bitmap file
> "/usr/lib/rhs/control-panel/loopy/dropdown.x
> bm"
>
> --

Semper Voster

| [EMAIL PROTECTED]                           |
| Via W. Tobagi, 21                        |
| 20143 Milano - Italy                     |
| Phone: +39/2/89.12.65.76                 |
| Member of the Linux Community :-)        |
| Microsoft's just a rebooting Infinity... |