Chris Fishwick wrote:

> Hi all,
>         Anyone out there got any experience with the Iomega Jaz drives??
> I just brought one, and the disks won't spin up.. just wondering if this
> is a Linux problem or a drive problem..  I am running kernel 2.0.33, and
> using the Jaz Jet PCI SCSI Card (with the advansys chipset).. the card is
> recognized fine, and sees the drive, but thats it.. the end of the line..
> any ideas, or do I need to get it replaced??

Mine works just fine. As far as Linux is concerned, your Jaz drive is
just like any other (removable) SCSI hard disk. Make sure your SCSI
hardware is configured correctly, and make sure you have a working power
connector to the drive. If it's not even spinning up, it's something in
the hardware.

Larry Lade - http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/6686
PGP Public Key:
    http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/6686/pubkey.txt