Here's the easiest way out of this .. who on this list has a 56k modem ?
.. and works in linux ??  That way we can choose which one sounds best
and go out and spend our cash.  I know I need to get one next weekend,
and I wouldn't mind having at least something to look for.  I guess we'd
need a manufacturer .. and name for it. as specific as you can get (might
be overkill but.. what the hell).

        Thanks again everyone..

                Joel Oliveira
            [EMAIL PROTECTED]