On Wed, 6 May 1998, Igmar Palsenberg wrote:

> >My /etc/hosts.lpd or /etc/hosts.equiv are good.I can print file but >users
> >that don't have an entry in /etc/passwd cannot print.
> >The printer worked with RH4.8 but not with RH5.0.
> >If this is a lpd bug what can i make to allow users to print?
> >   Vivian
>

> Check the rs option in your /etc/printcap. This option indicates if users
> who don't have an account can use the printer.

        rs defaults false so this should not be causing the printing
        failure providing the FQDN is in /etc/hosts.lpd - which it
        seems to be.

I get this when I try to use print-tool from control-panel (and
the system crawls)

Error - couldnt find available devices in find_gs
        this should not happen!
Error - couldnt find available devices in find_gs
        this should not happen!
Error - couldnt find available devices in find_gs
        this should not happen!

Flicking control-panel doesn't make any differece

cheers,
Kyle Hargraves.