>> I thought the cure for this was to set the SUID bit on the X server.  I'm
>> not at home to double-check, but I believe that is what you ultimately end
>> up doing.
>>

>I think MB is right on this one.  However, I think the newest version of
>XFree takes care of this (I believe setting the SUID bit on the Xservers
>poses some security risks).
>Brian.

Ya, I don't remember doing anything special with the latest XFree86 release
and Brian is right about the security risk.

So, the end result is to:

        a) set the SUID bit on your current version
        b) get the latest release and install it.

MB
--
System Administrator - Finnigan FT/MS - Madison WI. URL:http://www.ftms.com/
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]