Hello,
        I am very new to using Linux.  Very.  I'm having trouble getting the pppd
working.    I believe I've configured everything right, I've configured
ppp-on, options, etc.  I've been using Minicom to connect to my ISP.  It
connects, they shake hands, I login, then I get "starting PPP server", and
that's it.  About 45 seconds later the connection dies.  What am I missing?
My ISP is not helpful at all, I called them and got "We don't offer support
for Linux."  I know it's a PPP with a dynamic IP, I have all the specs for
them, but it just won't work.  If any one can offer any help, besides read
"man pppd" like my ISP suggested, I would really appreciate it.  Thanks.

David

Rest in natural great peace
This exhausted mind
Beaten helpless by karma and neurotic thought,
Like the relentless fury of the pounding waves
In the infinite ocean of samsara.
                                --Nyoshul Khenpo