Hi,

I am trying to build a mixed network, using amongst other things, linux & Intranetware, so far I have encountered a few oddities ??bugs?? [or maybe I am missing something??] pls bear with me as I am relatively new to the unix world, but fairly familliar with other os's

Part of what I want to do is set up a directory on a netware volume to use as a central distribution & update point for linux, patches & applications, this seems to point to using  either NFS or FTP at the moment.  - but neither seem to work correctly from Linux to Netware, yes I can ping & web browswe etc, I can even log in via ftp to netware from the Linux box but no way will linux do an ftp or NFS install from the netware server - so far, - ncpmount works but that is another story

once I can get that to work properly I hope to set up several different
default machines without the hassles of installing & moving cdrom's
around,

Also [ as a separate issue], it would be usefull to centralize most of
the unix progs on a netware file store - to save disk space as well as to
save re-installing each time a new machine is brought up.

Thirdly can anyone help to identify just what part of Calderas extortionatly priced software would I need to have NDS functionality / compatibility - preferably without paying their ransom sized prices - or re-installing & changing to another - presumably incompatible distribution? - ?? is there another option ??

Last but not least  I need to access the novell xconsole - but that just swears at me & gives up!

Any ideas would be very welcome

TIA

Mark Berger